Visas and the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
The Visa Waiver Program (VWP) allows citizens of at the moment 38 participating countries
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom
travel to the United States for tourism or business without a visa for stays of up to 90 days or less.
Note: Travelers must be eligible to use the Visa Waiver Program and have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) approval prior to travel.
You also need an e-passport if your passport was issued after the 26 of October 2006. An e-passport contains the same informations printed on the passport’s data page but also contains a biometric identifier. This will help the US Customs and Border Protection to identify the traveler.
What is Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA)
If you seek to travel to the U.S. under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), you are subject to enhanced security requirements. ESTA is a system that automatically assists in determining your eligibility to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program and whether such travel poses any law enforcement or security risk. After completing your ESTA application you will be notified if you are eligible to travel to the USA under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP)
Note: The applicant will be required to pay an administrative fee. This includes an application process and fee payment.
Please remember a traveler who has a valid visa will still be able to travel to the USA on that visa for the purpose for which it was issued. If you travel with a valid visa you are not required to apply for ESTA.
Find out more at the ESTA website through U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW)
- 11000 Terminal Access Rd, Fort Myers, FL 33913, (239) 590 - 4800
- Located in Fort Myers approximately 16 miles east of Cape Coral. Ground transportation is available and includes: taxis, rental cars, and shuttle services.
- Exit Daniels Pkwy to Cape Coral.Turn right on US HIGHWAY 41 NorthTurn left on College Pkwy to Cape Coral. (toll bridge)
The Miami International Airport (MIA)
- 2100 NW 42nd Ave, Miami, FL 33126, (305) 876 - 7000
- Located in Miami approximately 158 miles southeast of Cape Coral. The drive from Miami is via I-75 N (toll road) toward Naples.
- Exit 131 Daniels Pkwy. / Cape CoralTurn right on US HIGHWAY 41 NorthTurn left on College Pkwy to Cape Coral (toll bridge) Alternative route:US Highway 41 N/ Tamiami Trail until you reach Fort MyersTurn left on College Pkwy to Cape Coral (toll bridge)
The Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Airport (FLL)
- 100 Terminal Dr, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33315, (954) 359 - 1200
- Located in Fort Lauderdale approximately 140 miles southeast of Cape Coral. The drive from Fort Lauderdale is via I-75 (toll road) toward Naples
- Exit 131 Daniels Pkwy. / Cape CoralTurn right on US HIGHWAY 41 NorthTurn left on College Pkwy to Cape Coral (toll bridge)
Tampa International Airport (TPA)
- 4100 George J Bean Pkwy, Tampa, Florida 33607, (813) 870 – 8700
- Located in Tampa approximately 146 miles north of Cape Coral. The drive from Tampa
- Exit 136 Colonial Blvd towards Ft Myers